Thursday, July 3, 2008

chicken coop



Yes, my husband let me build a chicken coop for my anniversary present! He might have a different story tho. Not all of the chickens are mine, most of them are my neighbors, I just happened to finish my coop first (thanks to the Folks) so they are all living here for the moment. The reason I have chickens is because my neighbor came across 9 FREE chicks and offered me a few. If you know me at all you know that I can't turn down FREE stuff. So the plan is for me to take 3 and the rest will be shuffled back across the street.

The exterior on the coop is not quite finished yet, I plan to put brown battens between the white boards to tie the side and front together. You can't see the roof in these photos but a good friend of mine who has a FREE problem similar to mine gave me some rustic metal siding to use for the roof! It looks sweet! I think my grandfather would be very proud of me!

Below are some more photos of the chicks, they all have names thanks to the neighbors daughter but I can't remember them.





3 comments:

Cassy said...

I love your rustic chicken coop, it'sweet :)

Unknown said...

I love the chicken coop!!! And the fuzzy black chick in the last pic. Do you get to keep that one? You did good work. Grandpa would be proud!!! And they'll grow on Jared!!

Anonymous said...

It warms the cockles of my heart to see that Kristina isn't the only one that can't seem to pass up "free" stuff. I swear, the two of you are perfect for each other. Too bad there's like a gazillion (yes I said gazillion) miles between Bozeman and St. George.

The coop by the way is pretty rockin...